Scarville and Center Lutheran Churches
Students here receive a Classical Christian education in which they are taught Bible history, catechism, Latin, and many hymns and Bible passages, as well as the standard courses of language, mathematics, social studies, science, and music.
Scarville Synod Lutheran School has been serving children in the church and community for over 80 years. It follows the classic Christian education model in which students learn Bible history, Catechism, Latin, language, mathematics, social studies, science, and music. Our unique one-room school gives students a personal and nurturing environment which we believe greatly improves the education that each child receives.
As Ephesians 3:4 states, we believe it is the primary responsibility of the parents to “Bring up a child in the training and admonition of the Lord.” Therefore, we, as an institution, seek to assist the parents in their responsibility to instruct children in God’s Word.
The eternal truths of the Scriptures are the foundation of the curriculum of Scarville Lutheran School. “And that from childhood thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 2:17). Through its Christian education program, our instructors provide for the well being of all children and direct them in the comprehensive development of spiritual, physical, and intellectual ability.
1. To nurture and strengthen the faith of each child through God’s Word, the Bible.
2. To provide thorough instruction in all areas of curriculum.
3. To offer a Christian environment for education and growth.
4. To encourage a rich devotional routine centered in Scripture.
5. To support parenthood and life outside of the classroom.
6. To teach respect and honor regarding civic responsibilities.
7. To promote a life of learning and service to God.
Help us continue our mission